The patented SE-77 is the latest upgraded version of the original Tormek jig. For plane irons and wood chisels, its unique design makes mounting the tool squarely in the jig foolproof. Two small knobs on one side of the jig allow you to fine-tune the jig for a precise result and achieve a perfect 90°. These adjusting knobs also allow you to put a controlled camber on a hand plane blade. The jig’s construction makes it possible to clamp and sharpen tapered chisels, for example Japanese chisels. A further enhancement is the moveable locking screw. This ensures the clamping pressure is even on both sides of your blade, guaranteeing greater stability and security when sharpening. Safety stops keep the jig securely on the Universal Support and prevent the tool from sliding off the grindstone. Max tool width 76mm(3″), max tool thickness 9.5mm3/8″).
- For sharpening plane blades and wood chisels
- Unique design, tool sits squarely in the jig
- Fine adjustment for a precise 90° edge
- Allows sharpening a controlled camber on a hand plane blade
- Clamp and sharpen Japanese chisels
- Even clamping pressure for stability and security when sharpening
- Safety stops keep the jig securely on the support bar
- Comes as standard on the Tormek T-8
Please share this Woodworking product:
Contact us for more info on Tormek SE-77 Square Edge Jig Price includes UK mainland delivery on orders over £100 plus VAT. Use the livechat below or email us for more info.
Carriage for the UK Mainland is FREE on all tool orders over £100 plus VAT - typically arriving within a few days. NEXT DAY DELIVERY options are also available. Also great prices for European and Worldwide shipping on all tools.