ALCOLIN ULTRA can be used for all woodworking applications, and is uniquely suited to outdoor use thanks to its weatherproof properties. It can be used for any projects which might come into contact with water or moisture, such as chopping boards and kitchen ware.
Ultra is the most advanced water-based adhesive available today. It combines the safety, strength and sandability of traditional PVA adhesives with the durability, longer open time and water-resistance of polyurethane adhesives.
ULTRA is proven waterproof and yet cleans up with water.
Features and Benefits:
- Waterproof / Weatherproof – passes ANSI/HPMA Type I specification
- Fast setting – reduced clamp time, increasing turnaround time
- Superior strength – final bond stronger than wood
- Tough glue line – sands easily
- Strong wet tack – holds small parts without the need for clamping
- Long open time – more time for assembling of parts
- Excellent heat resistance – use in areas subject to heat, ideal for manufacture of post form tops
- No foaming / stained fingers – easy to use, no mess
- Versatile – bonds a variety of wood species and processed board composites
- Chemical resistant – unaffected by most finishes
- Low VOC – non-toxic, non-flammable (wet state)
- Water-based formulation – cleans up easily with water
|Coverage||250ml per m2|
|Open working time||Approx. 10 minutes|
|Clamping time||30 minutes to 2 hours|
|Shelf Life||1 Year (after opening)|
It is the first ever one-part wood glue to pass the ANSI/HPVA Type I water-resistance specification and offer a one-year shelf life.
Interior and exterior applications e.g. furniture, door and window frames, chopping boards, wood turning, kitchenware, etc
Ideal for interior furniture with frequent short-term exposure to running or condensed water and high humidity e.g. sauna and steam rooms.
Ideal for edge gluing, face gluing, finger jointing, doweling, veneering applications and general assembly
Suitable for laminate boards where short press time is required and for post forming applications
Excellent adhesion to soft woods , medium woods, hard woods and processed board composites (hardboard, chipboard, plywood, high pressure laminates)
Alcolin Ultra is manufactured by Franklin International in South Africa.
Please share this Woodworking product:
Contact us for more info on AUG250 Alcolin Ultra Waterproof Wood Glue, 250ml Price includes UK mainland delivery on orders over £100 plus VAT. Use the livechat below or email us for more info.
Carriage for the UK Mainland is FREE on all tool orders over £100 plus VAT - typically arriving within a few days. NEXT DAY DELIVERY options are also available. Also great prices for European and Worldwide shipping on all tools.